The fifth edition of the Value of Design symposium was organised on the 10th of May in 2016. With a lot of visitors and six interesting speakers, this turned out to be an inspiring event for not only students but also professors and participants from companies. The theme ‘Extreme Forces’ made this edition of the symposium extremely fascinating. It seems that an integral collaboration between architects, structural engineers and building engineers is necessary to reach the best possible results in terms of safety, easthetics and economy.
- James O’Callaghan – Directer and co-Founder of Eckersley O’Callaghan, London
- Atsuo Konishi – Senior Structural Engineer at Nikken Sekkei, Tokyo
- Ian Bogle – Director and Founder of Bogle Architects, London
- Kamran Moazami – Director WSP Group, Montreal
- Joep Tünnissen – Senior Advisor at Arcadis, Arnhem
- Paul Kalkhoven – Senior Partner and Head of Technical Design at Foster+Partners, London
Main sponsor: Arcadis